Hi,
I managed to get up Saturday morning to go to parkrun. My sister left the car keys out on the bench in case she couldn't get up after late netball games on TV (Commonwealth Games!). I got up and got dressed. Then looked outside to discover it was raining. Decided it couldn't possibly be too bad. Drove to The Ponds in slight rain. But my actual run was fine. Getting faster most of the time now. Yay!
 |
| Pre parkrun feet |
It was also Karen's birthday so after parkrun we went to the
Two By Four Cafe in the back of Blacktown, on the site of an old golf course that has being redeveloped into housing. The cafe building was really ... functional. But they did great food, I have to say. Some of Karen's friends were there so it was a lovely catch up.
 |
| Birthday brunch |
 |
| Local cafe |
 |
| My brekkie |
 |
| Karen's brekkie |
We went out shopping for Abby's birthday present to Harvey Norman, but now we're not sure if that is what we should get. So we are going to mull it over.
We saw Tyler briefly before she headed home and wee Abby took me and Karen to the airport for my flight home. The flight was smooth as - and I was home nice and quick. Mike was waiting for me as I stepped out at 12:40am. Oohh - so late wee Mike. Sorry.
 |
| Mike taking me home |
The gold medal netball game final was on as I landed. Karen was updating me but I found it streaming on TV3 here. So on the way home I watched it. And as I got into bed, I watched the final quarter. How NZ held on, I do not know. Jamaica was mighty yesterday, toppling the Aussies and I think it might have gassed them. Gold! Woot!
I think I got to sleep around 2am after all the excitement.
Mike left his phone in the car, which wasn't a problem until he missed his phone alarm and was eventually woken up by Moxley sitting on him and gently tapping on his face at 6:45am, far too late for his gym session. Breakfast in bed appeared around 8:00am. So a slow start to a WFH day today. It's a public holiday in Sydney so the Ampol folks will leave us alone for the day.
Have a great week!
Love,
Angela
No comments:
Post a Comment