Wednesday, September 9, 2026

The Tuesday with exciting meet the candidates meeting

 Hi,

So nice to catch up with Rooz today at work. Enjoyed a coffee with him. Chatted about the work we both have on.

After a busy day at work, I headed home by bus. Got home and fed the cats and then headed out to Wadestown shops for the usual electoral year Meet the Candidates talk in the local church.

Iced latte with Rooz

At the Meet the Candidates

I left home at 6:55pm for the 7.30pm meeting. Got there around 7:10 pm and got a seat easily. The place was packed by 7.25pm.

All the candidates were there. We had a very feisty audience. Several people were filming. And eventually the reason for all the filming became clear. And the reason I walked passed a police car out front also became clear.

There were hostile people in the audience towards Ayesha Verrall. And supporters of one of the independent candidates - someone called Barry. While I do not mind a bit of heckling from the crowd, this was a bit too much. Several candidates said everyone should be allowed their allotted time to speak without interruption. But it did get heated several times.

We had two moderators - and they had a hard time. 1 minute each - which might not really be enough I suspect. But a lot of panellists and a lot to get through. As it was, it went to 8.30pm.

The police came in at the end when it started to get rowdy. Lots of shouting. Nothing more than that though.

I walked home, musing on the event and people's views. Good to always attend these. Helps you decide how you will vote.

Thank you to the cold calling from a candidate's team to tell me on Monday night that it was on. I found nowhere online that told me it was 



No comments:

Post a Comment