Monday, June 27, 2011

Lots of painting in the weekend, now the carpet layers cometh (for real)

Well - after all our prep, the carpet layers cometh not.  They rang in sick.  Sigh.  I phoned them back and let them know we were sleeping on the floor in the lounge until they turned up.

But, nonetheless that meant that our soon-to-be-bedroom was clear empty, and it was time to PAINT!  So paint we did.  Furiously, all weekend.  It's now done, and it looks good.

I spent most of the time painting, Angela did a lot too but also spent time ferrying Toby about - to swimming, to a birthday party, a sleepover, a play date, to meet Connor, our fresh new next-door-neighbour baby, and to Helen and Rons for dinner.  Whew!

I hit on the strategy of painting in a pair of old shorts, and nothing else, to avoid getting paint on my clothes.  It worked well!  Except that we had a succession of unexpected, often unannounced visitors.  Well, I didn't feel awkward.  Don't know if they did.  I also had the stereo on really really loud - playing Jethro Tull and Falco and all sorts of other music that no-one else likes.  Woo hoo!

The good news is that the carpet layers did turn up this morning, nice and early.  So early that I was still wearing my towel.  Oh well, I think everyone is getting used to me now...


Tonight we get to move into our new bedroom for real!  Yaaaaay!  And I'll hassle the plasterer, if we're lucky we can get him this week and then we can paint Toby's room this weekend.  I am SO over camping in the house, I want our bedrooms back and I want places to put stuff.

Toby was good this morning - he got ready nice and quickly and without being asked too many times.  But he's still sleeping in in the mornings.  We'll have to deal to that ay.

No comments:

Post a Comment