Thursday, May 9, 2024

The Wednesday in Auckland

 Hi,

Well, I have already told you I was in Auckland for work yesterday. Up and down just for the day. First time back in Auckland for ages. Wandered around like an awe-struck tourist. Kept peering at One Tree Hill out the window at work. It was such a stunning day there.

After work, I went for a short walk with Anne and Karin to a Mexican place in Ellerslie. We had a great time there, chatting away and sharing food. But - I took no pics! There is no evidence of this.

Just after 7 (or so) we paid and left and I got an Uber very quickly to the airport. Said goodbye to Anne and Karin (and they are here next week too!) and was at the airport very speedily.

Sat at my gate for an hour and then got on. Plane was only about 3/4 full. Touched down in Wellington slightly ahead of schedule at 2200. Got an Uber (they now have a pick up closer to the exit - yay!) and home to climb into bed with Mike before 2300. Woot!

Big day. So I sorted out gym with Quentin from home - and at midday. And moved my coffee date with Dave to the week of 27th May. Turns out he is away for 2 weeks. My bad! But the wintry weather today also has me kind of glad I am at home. Hahah.

Iona is here this weekend. Bike ride tomorrow with her. Spring challenge training. And Eurovision this weekend.

I am in some gym shorts of Mike's as I sit at my desk. And I look like a dork. Glad no one here is to see me.

Hail Thurs morning

Moxley was funny. She watched the bouncing hailstones like she wanted to chase them. Readers: I did not open the door.

Home made iced latte



The door strike plate caught my t shirt


Have a great day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment