Thursday, May 2, 2024

The Wednesday with axe throwing

 Hi,

Busy day on Wednesday. I am burning my social candle fast this week. Hahah.

Work iced latte

We met Khemry for lunch at the Grand food hall. Mike and I had a Chilean empanada. Very nice. Khemry gave us a big update on her adventures because we have not seen her for ages. So good to see her.

Lunch with Khemry

After work, more social things kicked off. I met Debbie and Shoshana as the afternoon's rains continued to smash down. The roads were not handling this amount of water. Lots of surface water. Debbie had a Mevo and asked me to drive to Sweet Axe for our evening fun.

So I jumped into a brand new BYD and negotiated peak traffic in the dark and heavy rain. We parked outside The Warehouse on Tory and walked down the block to Sweet Axe saving a lot of time in traffic.

Axe throwing fun with these two

Great technique Shoshana

Debbie gives it her all

And we celebrate

Debbie was keen to take an axe to me!

But I like that Shoshana had my back

Woot!

We had so much fun - we were paired up with June and Gareth, two random punters that were put into our throwing lane.

I reckon we made a good team. We beat June and Gareth with the Sweet Axpert (his pun!) Joe as their third player. We were tied after 5 mins of throwing. And Debbie and June did an axe off with two special axes. Debbie stuck hers in the board and we won!

I came second overall - made it to the final but June beat me easily in the final. 

We came out to pouring rain. Debbie said she had secured the same car. So we walked back to Tory St, and found it was not there. Debbie had taken off her glasses due to the rain so she couldn't really read the app. A look at the app showed it was a different car, a Tesla, and over the road from Sweet Axe. We were drenched by the time we got to the car. And I have never driven a Tesla. It took a while to figure out how to turn it on (it just did it!) and find the gear shift.

I manoeuvred out of the park, fluking reverse and drive, I reckon. Indicators were a little weird too. I am not convinced the previous drivers of this car could find reverse either because it was just thrown into the car park like it was an afterthought. 

Anyway. Eventually we got to work to collect Mike. And found out we couldn't open the boot or the door. Poor Mike. I got the giggles at this point. But we got him in and got home. Had a cuppa. And then we decided to get Burgers in. 

When it was time to head away, we asked Debbie if she wanted us to drive them back. And they said yes. It was dark and wet and unfamiliar to them. I was better at driving it this time - finally figured out the gear shifter. Hahah.

Dropped them off and Mike followed and took me home. Off to bed. Up for a bus ride in and gym. Deads. 87.5kg. 4 x 4. Woot!

Then a coffee catch up with Andrew. Heard all about his news. And then off to work. 

More social things after work today. And Friday is awesome. Stonehenge Wairapapa and Lunch is planned.

And the weekend is to recharge. Hahah


Have a great day!

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment