Monday, October 12, 2026

The weekend where our house sold

 Hi,

Guess what? I could call myself homeless. Although Karen points out, technically I have somewhere to live. It is just already occupied. Hahahah.

YEs. Late Friday afternoon (maybe 4pm) the real estate agent rings to say we had an offer. At 430pm Mike was free so we chatted to Chris Day - our agent. He said the offer - and it was unconditional.

It was above the figure we would have been chuffed to get (only just - perfect placement by the buyer) so we decided to accept it. But that means that we had to bring the deadline forward from the 15th to the 10th (Saturday) at 2pm.

Chris rang around anyone interested and said the deadline was now 2pm Saturday and did anyone want to make an offer too.

Turns out someone did. So 2pm Saturday we had the original offer and another offer that was a tiny bit more - but subject to finance.

So - we accepted the original offer. Signed the paperwork. And settlement is Friday 13th Nov. So - open home was cancelled. And now we are homeless. Well - not really.


Chicken

Maranui iced latte

We had to be within phone reach Saturday so could not go into the bush for trapline as intended. To distract me, Mike took me to Maranui for brekkie. And a walk on the beach.

What a view

Walk on the beach

Rock pool

He sees wee fish and hermit crabs

Then Elly called and we met her at the cake tim to watch the Championship women's final. Pride v Kauri.

I had no skin in the game and was equally excited whenever anyone made a decent run with the ball. Alice was behind us - with Tamatha. And I pointed them out to Mike and got spotted by Alice. She waved. I waved.

Awks.

Hahahah.

With Elly at the women's rugby final

Go rugby! I did not mind who won

Us - with Alice behind

Pride smashed Kauri in the end. Good game. I enjoyed seeing Krystal Murray back on the field for Kauri. She played a huge game.

And as we walked out of the stadium, Chris called with the two offers. I mentioned all that. So by the time we got back to the car opposite Freedom Furniture, we had sold our house.

Back home to chill. Up Sunday and Mike was keen to get some projects done. He changed the batteries on his hair clippers. Such a good job. Took about an hour. Lots of fiddling and soldering. And we used a hot knife to cut away some of the internal plastic so the slightly bigger batteries could fit. All worked a treat.

Sunday project

Last time at our house - maybe

Garage is empty

Grabbed the last things of ours from our old house. Saw Shane's 3D printed car charger holder in the garage and took a last pic. It was so useful. Thank you Shane.

Got a trailer from G.A.S in Ngaio and headed to Sally and Andrew's to help them take more stuff to the tip.

Getting a trailer

Filling the trailer

That's what 580kg looks like

Had lunch with them. And then a few hours later headed back to our house to get the outdoor furniture. Got that back to Elly and Tom's place and Mike took the trailer back and I reassembled the table. We had to take the legs off to get it out of the house.

One of the captive bolts had expanded and come out. So I got 3 legs back on but needed Mike's brain to help with the captive bolt. Wood glue and a hammer was not working.

He put a different shorter bolt into the captive bolt and screwed it back into the leg. And that worked a treat.

Got it all back together and it is so much more stable than when we were using it. Hahahah.

Drizzly rain continued off and on all day. But it never caused us any bother.

Up for PT session for Mike - and jabs for Nepal for him. And I get my stitches out today. Yay!

Have a good day.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment