Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Wednesday with a Christmas tree finally

Hi,


Happy birthday to Toby today.  17.  Wow.  8.30am this morning 17 years ago he popped out.  He's a wonderful person, so we're very lucky.

Yesterday was his birthday eve.  And what a crazy evening we had.  Yes, I know.  How unusual for us, eh?  :-p

But first, I had two important iced lattes catch ups.  Woot!

Intro to iced lattes for Brooke and Lani

Rachael's selfie was rather obvious...  But she looks happy!

Me with mine!

The working day came, stomped around and trashed a few things and then departed.  Pretty typical for a Christmas crazy.  One particular kerfuffle saw a few people investigating, only to find the "bug" was actually by design.  And no one had really noticed until now.  Crisis averted.

And the team saw promotions to two of us - so yay for that!  Nice to end on a good note.

Toby and Tessa freshen up the base of the tree before putting it on the stand

As I was leaving I got a text from Mike to say - stay where you are.  Yep - those fluid plans we dream up in the Gilbert household were about to turn super fluid.  He was catching an Uber home to get the car because Toby and Tessa had walked to Aro St and bought a Christmas tree and needed a lift home.  Mike had a function after work, so he drove back in to The Terrace and met me and we swapped over.  I sat in traffic for 20 mins to get to Aro St. 

Picked up the tree and Toby and Tessa and headed home.  Decided to check the vet for kibble.  It was closed.  Decided then to get emergency kibble from the supermarket, via the petrol station as the light was on.

Bought some groceries for Mike's mission Christmas tree at work as well as the kibble.  And dinner for Tessa and Toby.

Got home and they started cooking tea for themselves.  They set out the outdoor table nicely and enjoyed their dinner out there.

I went in our room to wrap birthday presents.

I heard them decorating the tree.  It was one of the most adorable exchanges I have ever heard.  Toby would pull out a decoration, and explain the significance of it to Tessa.  I heard him say:  this one is my mother's favourite. 

Aaaawwwww.  So sweet!

Nice sunset

Decorated!

Toby's day dawns absolutely gorgeous

And I collapsed into bed.  Then couldn't sleep and read until midnight.  I am a dork!  Mike got home and came to bed and I heard him fall asleep - that's how late I was with finally getting to the land of nod.

Up early to walk in after barely 4 hours restless sleep.  I rolled over and decided to drive in.  Because:  "We will need a car in town for Toby's dinner".  My excuse to try and get another 40 mins sleep.

Worked - a bit.

Today is stunning.  Can't wait to meet everyone for dinner in town tonight.  Yay!  Oh - I need to collect the cake!

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment