Thursday, December 5, 2019

The Wednesday with unexpected burgers and loads of dirty washing

Hi,

It was Tyler's birthday yesterday and I think she must have had her school formal.  Karen sent pics of Tyler all dressed up - and wow!  Her partner looked pretty chuffed to have her next to him.


Iced latte start to Tyler's birthday yesterday

Birthday!


I caught up with Mike at lunch time as we needed to plan the mission to the Citizen Advice Bureau to get a JP to sign some forms for repatriating my Auusie super to my NZ super.  Ate lunch at The Lab.  Yummmmmm!  We both like their orange juice, but there was only one left.  So I gave in and got one of their superb iced lattes.  Bobby knows just how I like it.  :-)

Lunch date with Mike and my great iced latte @ The Lab

After work, I walked to the CAB and was 6th in the queue.  When Mike arrived, we compared notes on what to present to the JP.  We didn't wait too much longer.  Went in.  Got the originals all sighted and signed.

Came out to find Andrew.  Mike convinced us to go for burgers to Bethel Woods to meet Janine, Ana and Daniel.  Their Mother Earth burger was pretty good, I have to say.  But Honey Badger beats it still.

There was a wee contingent from work there - with Steph!  So we both said hi.  But at the end of the burgers Mike called an Uber and we had to hurtle out when we realised it had arrived and we were still inside chatting.

Got home, grabbed dirty washing.  Andrew insisted on taking one of the green bags as well.  Drove to Lower Hutt.  Flung a hot wash on (that actually takes buckets of hot water - no automated hot water there!) and left Andrew surrounded by more dirty washing.

Apparently we are getting a new washing machine as they can't fix it.  At some stage.

Until then - it's lucky Sally and Andrew have infinite tolerance for their relatives.

Leg this morning.  Foot obscured to avoid mass hysteria when all the viewers lose the lot.

This morning I walked into work a little earlier than my usual early.  Yesterday I had dropped a cufflink down a hole in my locker.  It managed to fit through a hole I didn't even know was there.  And into the locker below.  Exactly lined up with its corresponding hole, and vanished beneath the entire bank of lockers.

So I came in with a magnet and some fine wire.  Buried my head inside the bottom locker in an attempt to fish out my cufflink.  But I failed to even feel the cufflink.

Tomorrow I am bringing two jemmy bars and going to try and lift the entire unit.

Wait.  If I write this here and it turns to worms and I destroy the lockers, the internet will know it was me.

OMG.

Cufflink drama - solved.  Temporarily.

Anyway - solved the problem this morning.

Sigh.

At least when I bring the jemmy bars in, I won't need to roll up my sleeves.  Because...

:-p

Have an awesome day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment