Monday, December 16, 2019

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

What a weekend.  Friday saw me catch up with some of the team for an iced latte visit to Machete.  Mmmm.  Kaustubh tried a cheese scone for the first time.  And they do make some of the best scones you will find in Wellington.  Big call!  But - truth!

Kaustubh and I have an iced latte

First taste of a scone

I think he likes it

Mike was out late and enjoying himself.  But I got up early Saturday and tidied up a bit.  Mike and I headed out with Toby for the midday lunch session with Quentin and his clients.  Almost 25 of us turned up for a superb afternoon.  Quentin provided awesome platters of food and we bought our drinks.

Such a pleasant lunch.  Then I went home to save the car from turning into a pumpkin.  Took washing around to Sally and Andrew's place.  Toby got his present from them.  He also collected plums and lemons.  Back home via supermarket.

Never saw Mike again that day.  He woke me at 1am.  He was happy.

Moxley enjoying the front yard

Sunday I got up and chilled for the morning.  Then into the kitchen to make mushroom Wellington just before lunch.  That is our Christmas menu item.  So it was practise day.

The book shows me the mushroom Wellington

Saturday lunch
Ta dah!


On a plate for lunch

Turned out yummy.  Woot!  Took leftovers around to Sally and Andrew's place to do another wash.

And home.  To bed.

Up early to walk in.  Boxing session.  And now - I just want to sleep a bit.  Hahahah.

Awesome colleagues
Look what Monday morning has brought me!!!  Rachael made me a pint of iced coffee and Brooke made little gingerbread people - and they even stand up by themselves.  Perfectly formed little gingerbread people.

I am so impressed.

Have an awesome day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment