Wednesday, January 25, 2023

The Tuesday with Float

 Hi,

I got up for the bus that never came. I thought after anniversary day the buses would go back to normal. But - no. Waited for my 6.16 bus and it never came. Too late to do much about it by then. So an online session with Quentin and work from home was the end result.

Quentin smashed my glutes and calves. I can feel it now as I type here at work on Wednesday morning. Hahah. Good work, Quentin.

We did a thing after work yesterday. Quentin and Courtney had bought us a couples Float session at Float Well. So we booked it in and last night was our session.

Float Well Wellington

Waiting for a bus that never came

A pic from Float's website that shows what we did

We drove in and parked on Wakefield St and wandered into the James Smith building. Found Float Well, buried in the depths of level 1 of the building. The chap at reception was lovely. Took us through the rules and tips. 

We got our own private room with the pod and a shower. Very nice shower - rain style. With a drain at the edge so the rest of the floor did not get soaked. Genius! We could shampoo and body wash - but no conditioner as it leaves oils in the water.

Ear plugs in (before you get wet, so they tuck in well) and then we stepped into the pod. The lights in the room have a motion detector so they go out after a few minutes.

We got in with the pod lights on. And it was really salty - so you float easily. We relaxed and I turned out the lights so we were in completely darkness. We tried the music and decided against it.

An hour passed so fast! I had no idea. It was very relaxing. Warm - not hot. Every now and then I would bump against the side or against Mike. But it was barely noticeable.

A speaker announced the end of our session. We got out and showered and headed away. We'd totally do that again. Thank you Quentin and Courtney.

Back home and sorted my stuff for my working day and off to bed nice and early. Good sleep. Up to ride in. Gorgeous weather again.

In some good news, Toby and Tessa have secured a flat for this year. Woot!

Hope your day is a good one.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment