Monday, January 30, 2023

The weekend in Wellington with Mike away tramping and floods for Auckland

 Hi,

What a weekend! I did get a haircut on Friday and caught up with Andrew at Machete after it. That was good - saw Paul as he left work for the day just as I walked there. Also picked up some groceries - eggs mainly. And iced coffees. Hahahah. It is eggageddon so we always buy eggs when we're low in case therre are none when you go to get some. Not that I have seen any issues here in Wellington. But I just want to say that every day is iced lattegeddon!  

Mojo iced latte goodness on Friday

Friday night challenge

Mike stayed out for a few drinks after work - I am sure it was to plan the nuances of the weekend tramp. And Friday night turned out to be a bit of a rain Armageddon for Auckland. They got so much rain - it really hammered them. Flash flooding when the systems got overwhelmed - and people lost their lives swept into culverts and debris causing havoc. Terrible news. Checked on the people I know - and they all seem to have got off lightly - thank goodness.

Sending them a lot of aroha right now.

Friday night tea without Mike

Not helping

Smudge snuggles

Saturday saw Mike up early and away for his trapline weekend with Turere lodge and about 25 other people. Good on him!

I chilled at home in the rain.

Thunder coming

Moxley chills on me

Still working on the puzzle

Mike got home Sunday evening and washed his gear and himself. That was the longest patch of dry weather all weekend for us. Except we only had drizzle - not the deluge seen elsewhere up north.

Mike was asleep by 7.30pm! I made kiwi crisps and came to bed.

Made kiwi crisps

Lewis Road iced latte for the win

Up for work - WFH today. Got spin with Juliet after work. We're going to Newlands (Thorndon is getting renovated). And Sally is seeing Quentin today! I am very excited about this - I hope she enjoys it and gets some good tips out of it.

Right. Time for the working week to kick in!

Have a great week ahead. Look after yourselves and your loved ones.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment