Monday, January 16, 2023

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

What lovely weather - more of this, please! Friday was good - got a few things done. Got a bike rack affixed to my new bike - ready for commuting. Roasted vegetables for meals. Got the tomatoes (and strawberries) some extra food from Mitre10. And planted out some spinach in the garden.

Smudge cuddles

Saturday saw Mike go for a run in Izard Park. And misplace his ring from his pinkie (not his wedding ring). He packed up for Survivor night and headed off around 2pm. He had good fun - and the weather was fantastic.

I pottered around the house - but I did plan a bike ride with Andrew up Te Whiti riser for Sunday morning. Got up super early Sunday - and found my bike had not charged. So switched ideas and threw Toby's bike into the Focus and headed out for a ride with Andrew to Eastbourne and back.

No charging has happened

Okay - sad face as my bike did not charge

View of harbour

Happy place!

Harbour is like a millpond

Wow!

Yep - living my best life with an iced latte while out riding my bike

Compass cafe does a good iced latte

I also visited Monaco quickly

Some pipeworks

Mike got to Sally and Andrew's place not long after us and we headed home in convoy. I figured out the charger on my bike and kicked it off. Yeah - the plug wasn't seated properly. And it turns out you get a charging light on the unit when it is properly plugged in. Oohhhhh.

Okay - green light is good

Focus gets a wash - and the Subaru too

We washed both cars because they were really grotty. Now they both look nice - except I would like to lux them out too.

Collected Andrew on our way to Janine's and Mike and Andrew sorted out her spa bath - it is now running. We wait to find out if the heater will work or not.

Drilled holes in the paving concrete to drain puddles when it rains. And fixed the outdoor light over the front door to be a security one that switches on. But - it didn't work. So that is now WIP.

Sally grew roses with a lovely colour and perfume

Janine grew sunflowers

Spa looks good

BBQ at Janine's

Espresso martinis

Back home after we dropped Andrew off and into bed. Good sleep. Another nice day. Mike off for his first session with Quentin for 2023. And he will work from home.

Monday morning pint of iced latte

I made a huge iced latte!

And I have spin with Juliet after work today. Woot!

Toby also did an oil change on the van - with Angus to provide some guidance. Good skills! Well done to them for doing that. 

Have a great day!

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment