Friday, May 15, 2020

The Thursday with quiz night

Hi,

Happy birthday Benjamin.

Busy days at work and I got dinner cooked for me last night (Thurs) so I can't complain about the commute home (up the stairs) to find dinner on its way.

Smudge lazing int he sun

Do we have a brown cat?

Toby and Tessa made burgers

I dropped Tessa home and Toby and I enjoyed some music from our past on the way home.  He played a mp3 disc with loads of music from our time living in London.  The Koreans featured heavily.  Nostalgia.

Got home to find Mike asleep!  He was supposed to be cramming for the quiz night.  Hahahah.  He woke up and jumped onto the online quiz and ended up being the face of the quiz as his webcam was first in the queue.  Nationwide, people tried to read his lips as he answered questions.

Daniel was on fire - answering lots of tricky ones.  Ana and Janine contributed their answers to questions I had no clue about.  And Toby is a quiz machine.  We've asked him to join our team officially next week.

Late to bed and up ealrier than usual to drive out to Petone.  6.30am Mike wanted to join the hordes outside Mitre10.  It opened up yesterday for general use and Mike was told that was fairly busy.  But today he got in without too much hassle and bought all his material he needed. 

Plus seedlings for the garden!  Yay!

Meanwhile, he had dropped me at the Hutt River and I walked up the eastern side towards Sally and Andrew's house.  Andrew walked towards me.

But it was dark.  So when Andrew approached me, I had no idea it was him and he had no idea it was me.  He said "hi" as we passed each other, and I took a closer look and said  "Andrew?" as he walked by.  Hahahah.  He turned around and I got my first hug from someone outside the house in almost 50 days.

Riverside legs

Walking with Andrew was good fun


Up to Melling bridge and back down the other side, over Ewen Bridge and back to Sally and Andrew's house.  Got my second hug from Sally.

I am going to make hugging Sally a tradition.  Wish me luck.  Covid = change.  :-)

I picked up some fruit - last of the feijoas and some huge lemons!


At least I can say I had feijoas from their garden - small amounts though

Mike arrived (and got a hug too!) and after a quick coffee, we headed home.  No hassles on the motorway at all.

Not crazy busy heading into town

Mike bought a lot of stuff from Mitre 10

Back in time for my meeting.  Yay!

Busy day ahead.  Then obviously a lot of house projects for the weekend.  We are still hoping to keep fairly safe at home for the most part for a few more weeks.  Toby starts school on Monday though - so the bubble will no longer be intact at all.

Take care.  Enjoy your weekend.

Love,
Angela



Contact Register:

Tessa arrived 14 bus ~ 8.30am May 15
Mike at Mitre10 Mega 6.45am - 8am May 15
Angela and Mike with Sally and Andrew May 15 (left at 8.10am)

No comments:

Post a Comment