Monday, January 15, 2024

The weekend back in Wellington

 Hi,

What a busy weekend around Wellington. Friday saw me go for a run. At lunch time. And it was so hot! Gah!

Wearing my new beanie - with home made iced latte

2024 I get back to running. It was HOT!

Garden is dazzling

I have actual zucchinis

I do have actual zucchinis growing from the wee plant Celia gave me. So happy to see them. Watching them daily now.


Another garden shot

Walnuts from Col and Iona

Post gym iced latte

Saturday saw us up for Park Run for Mike and gym for me. Sally walked up at 9am and we joined Mike and Janine for a post Park Run coffee - and a post gym session 1 for me. Then Mike, Sally and I went to the gym for my second session.


Bench 32.5kg 5 reps x 4 sets

Relaxing at the gym between sets

Second post gym session

Then brekkie at the convention centre. I must find out the name of this cafe.


Toby looks seedy - but still handsome

Iced latte

Te Papa

We went to Te Papa for a flying visit before going to the Marvel exhibition. We all enjoyed that.

Toby and his old friend

My gannet

Toby and The Hulk

Me and The Thing

Toby and The Thing

Tessa and The Thing

Toby and Black Panther

Me and Black Panther. Barely indistinguishable.

My fave

We pose with Spidey

I climb buildings with Spiderman

Cap'n Murica

Fe man

I do not know Ms Marvel

Me



Us

Toby

Me

The leaning fern

Back home to check on things like our great leaning fern. It is an iconic part of our view - always has been. And since NYs it has leaned away from the deck. It used to lean into the deck. So in gusty winds (like we have now) I am constantly worried it will topple like the slightly smaller one did during 2020.

We might try and tether it.

Saturday saw us go to 40WLW for dinner. Burger Wisconsin. Mmmm. Thank you, Sally.

Sunday we were up early and headed to Petone to see "A boy and the heron" from Studio Gibli. Great fun!

At the cinema

Iced latte

Then back home via Sally and Andrew's place for brunch. Home to sort out dinner and sell the Focus. Roast lamb and potatoes and a very salty gravy. I made salad and grilled asparagus. It was pretty good.

A chap drove down from Napier to look at the Ford Focus Mike put on TradeMe on Friday evening after it got a detail on Friday. And it is now sold. The young 20 year old bought it. $12.5k. Cash. Which is now in the bank so do not come to find it at our place. We are back to only having small change in the house. We are going to do a separate blog on the car situation. On Dec 1st, 2023 we had 5 vehicles (if you include the trailer). And as of Sunday night (Jan 14) we have one. But that is in AKL so... really... none right now at our disposal. eBike for the win!

Bed for me not long after we had tea. Toby and Tessa went out. 

Up for a run for me and gym for Mike. Woot!

WFH this morning then a bike ride in at lunch time for a long meeting this afternoon.

Take care. Have a great week.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment