Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am such a proud mother today – I really enjoyed Toby ’s musical performance last night.   He was so cute in his rabbit ears.   When his class was up there, they started holding up Austrian flags in a circle but Toby craned his neck to turn around to see where we were sitting.   The rest of the class put their flags down but Toby remained holding his up as he grinned at me.   It got a chuckle from the audience.   Then the children all held hands in a circle and started their dance.   When they let their hands go, Toby blew me a kiss and the audience loved it (I think they thought it was a scripted kiss to everyone) and I was so happy!   Toby was very good during his class item, but at the end when all the children were on the stage to sing the last items, his attention was really wandering.   I think he was fascinated by the stage and the lights.
 
Tonight can ’t be too late (we ’re all going round to Vivienne ’s place for dinner – Mike ’s parents and us) as Mike just texted me and Toby is still asleep!   But I ’m looking forward to popping over to the Lewis household.   I especially want to see Ramble as he ’s had a haircut.   Sounds like he has short hair on his body, but a gorgeous mop on his head (and tail!).   I imagine he ’ll look a bit like a surfie dog.   Give him some board shorts and you ’d never know he was a dog!
 
Mike will pop into my parents place as the coffee tables are getting collected tonight.
 
I just heard from my mother and my parents will be back in Wellington on Tuesday.   I hope the nice weather stays (yesterday was absolutely gorgeous!) and they get a taste of what Wellington can be like on nice days.   There may even be room to park a new car in their garage now with a few things gone from their place.   We need to sell a few more things in Trade Me for them though.
 
I ’d better get stuck in.   After half a day off yesterday it is getting busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment