Thursday, November 27, 2008

What a beautiful, calm morning.   It is overcast but warm and not a breath of wind on my ride in.   It was such a lovely ride in (until I yelled ‘idiot ’ at a van driver and he heard me – I was sure I said it under my breath – how did that happen?   He gave me a fright by pulling out of a street and pulling over onto yellow lines immediately so I think it was surprise more than anything.   I see loads more dumb drivers than that most days!).   And I enjoyed my ride home last night with Mike.   We don ’t often ride home together so it was very nice.
 
Oooo.   My tea is superb this morning.
 
Last night I never saw Vivienne as she was on the dive course.   But I did catch up briefly with John when he got home from the scout meeting (he ’s chairman).   They seem to be enjoying the diving and I hope the weather kicks in for them at the weekend for their open water dives (Vivienne will have an exam dive at some stage over the weekend – she ’ll be fine.   It ’s amazing how survival kicks in and you remember all the things you need to do so you don ’t drown!).   We ’ll see Benjamin and Ramble on Sunday.   Toby can ’t wait to come as he ’s cross I get to babysit and he doesn ’t.   “Can I come and babysit tonight with you? ”.   I think babysitting the Sampson children has conditioned him.
 
Toby now has a cool soccer ball to practise with Gramps.   A sports store is closing down near work and we bought a few things.   Toby also has shorts to wear to the soccer too.   His team is called Little Phoenix (the Wellington A league team is called Phoenix ).   I ’m hoping to go and watch them next week (I ’ll probably have a release Thursday night so should have some hours owed me).
 
My bike computer is working again.   It got into a muddle and only read speed and not distance.   Very strange.   I re-booted it and now it works but I have lost all my data.   1200kms and maximum speed of 51.5 km/h.   I ’ll have to set all my goals again!

No comments:

Post a Comment