Monday, November 17, 2008

Toby and I had a three day weekend because he was sick on Friday.   I had just got to work after dropping him at school and we got a phone call.   So we had a day in bed reading books.   We both slept around lunchtime so perhaps he was a bit sick after all.   He started complaining more about his sore ear in the afternoon so I took him to the doctor.   She said it was just a viral thing and he had wax in his right ear.
 
Toby declared he was having a day off on Saturday.   We thought it ’d be better not to go swimming with him complaining about earache.   So he stayed in his pyjamas for ages.   At about 11.30 I suggested getting dressed and he said he was having a day off and staying in his pyjamas all day!   However he got dressed for us to go out for dinner at Barry and Kath ’s house that evening.   We had a very pleasant time out there with wonderful food.   Toby enjoyed himself playing on Barry ’s Playstation.
 
Sunday was a lazy start to the day and a great BBQ at Sally and Andrew ’s house to celebrate Vivienne ’s birthday!   The weather was good – a bit windy but nice and warm.   Toby enjoyed playing with Anthony and Benjamin – and Ramble!
 
Toby went home to play with Benjamin while Mike and I went to Ngaio to make sure the house was fine for my parents.   They arrive back on Tuesday (around 2.45pm or so) so we stocked the fridge with milk and bread.   The lounge really does look empty with all the things we have sold in their absence!
 
I wasn ’t feeling well at this stage, so Mike dropped me home and he went to take Toby to Maccas for some dinner.
 
Monday morning has kicked in with some yucky weather.   Wind and rain.   But it isn ’t cold.   I think the warmer weather has arrived finally.   Although I saw a forecast for a southerly change for tomorrow – just in time for my parents arrival.   Nice.
 
Mike ’s parents should have their new Jazz by now and be wandering their way back to Dunedin .   I hope they have loads of fun.   Vivienne and John and enjoying the old Jazz – Benjamin seemed especially pleased with it!
 
Have a marvellous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment