Monday, July 19, 2010

Good morning on Mon, Jul 19

Hi,

Back in the swing of things already.  Emails piling up and trying to stop thinking about the wonderful holiday we just had.  A bigger blog about the trip will be forthcoming.  But for now, just a general update.

Mt Hutt had a big dump of snow the night we arrived and it lasted well until we left.  We had brilliant conditions.  No wind, blue skies.  Lovely.  I had my first ski lesson in over ten years and found some new form towards the end of the week.  Great.  Mt Hutt has a new electronic system in place and you can see how many vertical metres you ski.  I did 15,540m over my 7 days.  Pretty chuffed about that.  Next season I'm aiming for 20k.  Heheheh.

Toby had a ski week that in his mind went for an eternity.  But we think it was good for him (as parents do).  He has progressed from 3a at the start to 3b at the end.  He still resorts to a fantastic wedge on steep slopes.  Why not, I say?  Toby is the wedge prince.

We had fun skiing with Christine, John and wee Tom too.  The accommodation was good.  The pool the Sampson kids swam in back in the last school holidays had surface ice all over it.  Toby found it fascinating.

Anyhow, I'd better leave it at that for now.  I hope your week is great fun.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment