Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good morning on Wed, Jul 7

Hi,

The weather is foul.  Strong southerlies that will get to galeforce in exposed places.  Like most of the hills around Wellington I imagine.  The rain is definitely horizontal.

Last night was a lot of fun.  We went to The Quiet Lady in Karori and had a nice meal and came third in the pub quiz.  Not too shabby.  We were only two points adrift coming second. 

When we got home, we were in bed surfing a site that sends me to sleep when our friends in Canberra called us on the Skype phone.  They giggled helplessly for a good minute or so when they realised we were in bed.  Our Skype phone has a webcam on our computer in the bedroom.  Well, it was 10.30 at night!  Turns out our friend Carolin is being seconded for six months to the United Arab Emirates with her work.  She modelled her clothes (army boots and everything) and seems to be very excited about the whole thing.  Criag, on the other hand, says he'll get to watch the footy in peace, but I think he'll miss her a lot.

Tonight we're out again.  Tramping club trip planning for Mike and then the usual club night.  I'm going to pop along for it tonight.

Then some packing before bed and more of the same tomorrow night.  I might miss table tennis to make sure I have everything sorted for heading off on Friday.  The house has to be tidy because the cleaner will arrive while we're away.  And I need to sort out Toby's clothes and gear bearing in mind he has a week's worth of clothes away with him and Ma.

I don't think I heard from them yesterday.  I wonder what they got up to.  Hopefully I can get a chance to chat to them today.

Have a good day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment