Monday, November 14, 2011

The weekend in Sydney

Hi,

What a wonderful weekend - packed quite a bit in.  Friday morning at 3.45am, Toby and I caught a taxi to the airport.  We were so excited and soon found ourselves landing at Sydney around 7.45am local time.  As we passed through customs and came out onto the concourse at arrivals, I spotted Mike waiting for us.  That was a huge surprise and I admit to crying a bit at seeing him.  Heheheheh.

Mike took us onto the train and to the platform at Central to switch to the Blacktown train.  He left us at Central once we got on the train and went to work for the day.  My sister Karen met us at the other end in Blacktown and we went to her house to relax before going to Barnier School.

Tyler and Abby were in a talent quest at school over their lunch break and we were in for a treat.  Saw them doing a dance routine together to a Dinosaur Stomp song.  Great fun!  Judes made their costumes and they looked fantastic.

Home for a bit and then off to Little As to watch Tyler and Abby hurdling, high jumping and shotputting.  Mike joined us after work there and we all went home.  This is where I hit the wall and was asleep by 9pm local time.

Saturday we went out to Castle Towers shopping mall for a photo with Santa (a tradition now if we're in Sydney near Christmas) and Yum Cha.  Choice!  Karen had to go to decorate the school hall for the trivia night.  The rest of us went to a movie.  I took the kids to see Santa's Apprentice and Mike and Scott saw Anonymous.

Home to get ready for the trivia night.  15 tables of about 10 or so people and we won!  Yay!  It was a great night.  Our table won a lot of prizes.  Karen did well - the event was great.  Loads of people came around afterwards to continue celebrating and I went to sleep after taking Noush home.  The party noise certainly did not keep me awake.

Sunday I slept in.  Heheheheh.  Then we went to a park to take Tyler's training wheels off.  She had a bit of a shaky start but she kept at it and now she can officially ride a bike!  I was pleased to have been there to see it for myself.

Scott then drove us to the airport and Toby and I were asleep in our own bed by midnight.

What a great time.  We see Mike on Friday!  Can't come soon enough.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment