Friday, December 21, 2018

The Thursday with Christmas fever crazy

Hi,

Crazy becomes a noun at Christmas time.  It seems to be the same every year.  No matter how much you just know Christmas is coming, from waaaaaaaay back in September, it still sneaks up and thumps you in the head.  Hahahah!

I love Christmas time!

Moxley hides under our sleeping bag

I got away with Prasad and the team for an iced coffee goodbye - with cheese scones.  I will miss him a lot.  He's been so good to work with.  Exciting times for him and his family in the UK.  I hope we get to see them there in a year or so.

Goodbye Prasad.  I will miss you.


I also caught up with Mary as she is WFH on Friday.  She's off Boxing day for over a month.  Visiting the Middle East with her family.  I will watch her blog with interest.


Iced latte with Mary - she's off for a massive holiday!

Now, we get to the end of the day.  And really, I don't think I can do it justice.  That Christmas noun?  "Crazy"?  Yep - that's it.  Or chaos.  Or crazy chaos.

Steph and Bronwyn had drinks for us all after work at St Johns and they were fantastic.  Thank you so much.  We appreciate that.

Then I stupidly agreed to meet Mike and Janine at the old GP.  No, maybe called something like Pop?  Dunno.  Anyway, Mike was full of Christmas cheer.  Or Christmas crazy.  He had to meet Brianna as she needed cat instructions.

But Brianna was off having her own cheer, so Janine and I left Mike to it and headed home.  Juliette was on my bus and gave me a lift home from the library.  So far, not bad.  Hahah.

Chatted to Toby and my mother.  Sorted out my bed - it was covered in stuff the boys had been sorting out during the day.  Finally collapsed into bed.  Almost asleep when...  Mike came home with Brianna and cat instructions followed.

Which, of course, involved coming into the bedroom where I was and turning the light on and talking loudly.  Apparently they were oblivious to me until I threw back the sleeping bag. 

It wasn't too bad - having been in a hut with Brianna in the past, she's seen me in my pyjamas.  However, I was on "driving her home" duties.  So I threw a top on and sneakers and stayed in my PJs.  Drove her home.

Go back to the house, said goodnight (Jase was now home and in the circus - but trying to eat and chill with his headphones on) and went back down to the room.  Got into bed and thought:  "You know, this room actually now smells worse than it ever has".

Uh oh.  I got up, turned the light on, and checked around.  Sure enough, Smudge had decided that the corner of the room was a far better option than her dirt box.  OMG.  I called up the stairs for Mike at the exact same time Toby was telling Mike that he thought Smudge was sick as she's not eating or pooing.

Ummm - no.  Nothing wrong in that department.  Mike called Toby down to also verify Smudge's working digestive system.

Chaos!

Cleaned it up, and I went to bed.  read for a bit as my brain was firing on all cylinders by now.  Mike came to bed.  Eventually fell asleep.  Only to get up 5 hours later.

Spin was good.  Santa instructor.  Nice.  Thanks Scott.

And last day at work today!  Yay.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas.  Take care over the break.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment