Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Wednesday that had a work BBQ

Hi,

I have to say, I can't wait for the end of Friday.  The year has been hard work - and the three weeks off is looking mighty fine from this end of the approaching holidays.  Bring that on!  Like... now!


Celia and iced coffee @ The Lab

Celia trying to capture my haircut.  Me looking like:  what are you doing?


Caught up with Celia for a much needed iced coffee chat with her.  She is a wonderful person to know. 

And after work we had our team BBQ and Celia had James and the girls come too.  Such fun.  Mike came to get me at 7.45pm and stayed for a few beers.  I was one of the last ones to leave.  Woot!  Social skills.  Me!

We took a woman home as she was a little inebriated and deposited her somewhere near her house.  I hope.  She was a little incoherent.  I hope she meant Karori and not Kapiti or something.  But I couldn't wrangle her full address out of her.

I tried.  Stood in the rain and the dark on a suburban street in Karori, in my Santa hat, chatting to her.  Trying to interpret the musings of a 20-something woman slightly addled with whisky.  I think to any passer-by, it would have been me that looked under the weather.  Gesturing wildly in my red Santa hat, likely askew on my head by this time.  Looking demented, no doubt.

Anyway - Mike and I left and headed home.  To find - wow!  Toby had emptied his room of chaos and debris.  We can see floor.  And we made his bed and that is where Mike and I slept.

Ummm.  His room needs an intervention.  Still.  Somewhere the cat has decided she didn't want to use the litter box.  Of that I am sure.  Just hope when we wet clean the carpet today that smell disappears.  And Karen and Scott never notice.


Debris from the awesome BBQ at Ebby's house Sunday night


Selfie from the Patuna Chasm walk.  Just because.


Right.  Time for some second-to-last day hi-jinks at work, no doubt.  Ooosshh!  Have a good one.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment