Monday, December 3, 2018

The weekend with a tramp with Andrew

Hi,

What an amazing, packed weekend.  Met Mike after work and we snuck a date movie in - we went to see Bohemian Rhapsody at 4.30pm at Reading.  We both really enjoyed it.  Finished at 7pm and we walked to Jano Bistro to meet Aidan, Janne, Sally and Andrew.


Fabulous meal @ Jano Bistro.

What an incredible meal.  Stunning food for us.  9 course of creative food.  Hard to choose favourites.  The rolled tube of goat cheese was so good.  The two dessert courses were lovely.  Nope - can't choose one as a fave.

Caught up with Sally and Tim (Isaac's parents) as they were celebrating their 28th wedding anniversary. 

Home late and off to bed as soon as I could.  Up at 4.30am.  Ooohhh.  That was hard.  Threw stuff in my pack.  Woke Toby up while I was clumping around.  He got up and tidied the kitchen as I finished up.  Away by 5.30am and met Andrew at the Waikanae  bakery at 6.20am.

They eventually opened and we got some breakfast fare - croissants.  Mmmm.  Continued driving north, munching flaky pastries.  We parked my car at the Sledge Track car park and continued up to South Range Road.  Parked Andrew's car and started walking at 8.42am.

Awarua - or something like that - in the distance

Flowering flax - tastes sweet

The weather held off on its rain until 7pm, so I had a brilliant day tramping.  We walked along a gravel road for about 6 or 7 kms, meeting a couple of hunters in a 4WD twice as they meandered along looking for game.  We did some bush bashes to spot heights.  The objective was 7 spot heights for Andrew - and he got them.

I didn't quite get that many.  We spent a lot of time on good tracks, actually.  Hunting tracks, I think.  Old Hunta track was the main one.   As we eventually hit the main track at 3pm, I decided to head back to the car park, 2 hours away.  Andrew went to get his last few spot heights and we planned contingency.

I got back to the car at 4.30pm, walking very gingerly as I descended with my two big toes ramming into my shoe and causing a lot of discomfort.  I think I might lose my toenails.  Let's see.  Got changed and waited in the car.  Read a book.  Ate some snacks. 

When it got to 9pm, and the place wasn't crawling with SAR folk, I figured Andrew was just late.  I made myself comfortable in the back and tried to doze.  But at 9.15pm Andrew turned up. 

Awesome day!

By now it was raining - and as we drove back to his car, it got heavier.  When we headed to Palmerston North to get petrol, it was hosing down.  Headed back home in convoy until Plimmerton.

Back home at 12.15am.  Long day!  Into bed after a shower and fell asleep easily.  Woke at 6am as Mike had a migraine.  Oops.  Gave him some pain killers and back to sleep until 9.30am!  Wow.


It's Christmas time!

Sunday was quiet.  Laundry and Christmas tree shopping!  Birthday milk in the supermarket.  Woot!  And I met Jase at New World and brought him home after his night out.

And birthday milk!


Then we all watched Commando.  Including Moxley.  Ok.  No.  She slept.  Like Toby.  Hahahah.

Moxley joed out next to me

Weirdo cat
And then into bed for a restless sleep.  My calves are so sore today.  Ouch!

Have an awesome day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment