Friday, November 12, 2021

The Thursday with aikido and grocery shopping

 Hi,

When I checked my pics on my phone to see what to load into the blog post, I only saw the biscuits I baked yesterday.  But given how badly I messed up with my iced latte pics with Theresa, I also checked my camera roll folder.  

Made biscuits

Hahahah.  Turns out I only took pics of the biscuits.  So all is right with the world.  Made those in my lunch break.  At least covid has given me some skills.  Nailing these hokey pokey biscuits.  They are super easy, mind you.

After work I chatted to Iona for a while.  She had PC woes.  Not that I helped.  She did say I had a calming influence - but none of my suggestions did a thing.  Even the one where I asked her to pop the machine in the freezer.  Hahah.  But after I tried to talk Iona through several things to try to get into safe mode to have a look around, it just rebooted and was back to normal.

So yeah.  Beats me what was going on.

She left to get ready for dinner out with some colleagues and I left to collect Celia and head to the last session of aikido.  The sensei was there - with some other students that have been going along for between 3 years and 1 year.  It was fun.  They are lovely people.  We did have to do a lot of dropping and rolling.  Turns out I am not so good at that.

But we did get to hold a knife and attack and defend with that.  It was wooden.  But still - kinda cool.  Celia is keen to try it out now the course has ended and she can attend some of the classes.  The dojo is very close to her house.

I might wait until AFL is done for the season and see if I can fit something in.  

Anyway - we also got cake at the end of the session that Brenda had made.  Mmmmm.  Wandered off home and dropped into Thorndon New World to get some groceries.  Home to put them away and climb into bed with Mike.

He had used the skilsaw in my absence to cut up a log of wood and the handsaw to finish off bits.  Glad to find him intact.

:-o

I'm sure it was completely safe


Right.  Time for the day to kick off.  This weekend is huge.  Mike has a half marathon on Kapiti coast and I have an AFL game.  I think Mike is going to get a PB in this one.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment