Thursday, June 9, 2022

The Wednesday at work

Hi,

Well, today (Thurs) has been chaotic and tumultuous.  Wednesday was totally calm in comparison.  Let's see, what did I do yesterday?

I had a bagel with Roanne and sipped on my iced latte at my desk through the morning.  Callan laughed when I did my selfie at my desk.  

Iced latte at work

We went to the Portrait Gallery to see an exhibition - Celia, Angie, Mike and Liam.  Great way to spend my lunch break.

After work Mike and I nipped into Rosie's for a quick dinner before my late meeting. After my meeting, I met Callan and Mike at Bin44 for a quick chat,  then Mike and I ubered home.

As I got ready for my next day and for bed, I got a ping from the covid app.


Nice notification as I got ready for bed

That threw me for a bit.  I wondered where it might have occurred but I have been so social in the last 36 hours, it was hard to narrow down.

Anyway, apparently it did make me distracted because although I checked my alarm - I had it set for the wrong time completely.

Woke up shouting from a nightmare - scaring Mike awake.  And then he scared me by saying that my alarm hadn't gone off at 5.30am and it was now after 6am.

What?  I looked at my watch in my sleep-fogged brain.  6.02am.  But - I usually leave the house at 6.12am to catch my 6.16am bus.  Oh no!

Lucky I get everything ready the night before.  Ran to splash my face with water, brush my teeth and pull on the gym clothes I had ready.
 

Rushed out the door.  Made my bus.  Was on the treadmill at the gym at 6.40am, waiting for Quentin for our 7am session.

Then at 6.50 he pinged me.  He has an emergency and can't make it for my session - or Mike's at 7.30.  So I ring Mike.  He changes his plans to "get on the bus and meet me for brekkie".

Gym Thurs morning

I do a few sets on two machines and then head to work to shower.  I meet Mike at The Lab for brekkie.  But my breakfast gets delayed by a huge group that arrived as I did.

Storm coming

Iced latte at The Lab

I end up eating at 8.20am.  But they gave us two free coffees.  So thank you for that.  And now at work.  Monitoring my symptoms for 10 days in case I picked up covid somewhere.

I will go to Spin after work today - to make up for my lack of gym this morning (okay - I was kinda intending that anyway).

Tomorrow I will drive to Spin and then home again.  Mike will drive in for potato cakes brekkie and drop the car off to get its windscreen replaced.  Then I will bus in and collect it and head to Mitre10 Mega in Petone to find my wardrobe lugs I need.  Woot!

Exciting.

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment