Thursday, June 23, 2022

The Wednesday with windows going in

 Hi,

What a day Wednesday was.  Work was full on the entire day.  Blog taking a back seat to work.  Tsk, tsk.  

Part of the logistics meant Mike had to come into the office for work in the afternoon.  Someone needed to be home to look out for the cats while the windows came out in various rooms of the house.  Easy escape routes for Moxley.

This was perfect as it gave me a chance to load up the car with the ply that Mike rescued from a skip at work and finally get it home.  Nick was leaving for a gym session as I contemplated how to get 5 small sheets of ply down the back stairs at work to wait for Mike.  He helped with 3 at once!  I took the other 2 down one by one.

Mike arrived in the car.  We swapped and I went home, with ply and with Tim Tams for the builders after a quick stop at New World.  I may have also got some iced coffee.  #notaddicted



Kitchen during

Dining during

OMG - wild venison has arrived

Upstairs bedroom is just a hole

Tacked in new window

Worked from home until the builders left.  They are coming early Thurs with another person to try and get it all done.  They have a fair bit to do still.

I packed for our weekend away.  And also put all the meat I ordered into the freezer.  I found a place that gets hunted meat (so, sustainable) and sells it.  We have a lot of meat now.  My first taste of meat in 6 years was...  sausages.  But they were good ones.  Except - I found them really salty.  Hahahah.

I may not look forward to more sausages.  But I see a lot of venison stew through the winter months.  Mmmm.  Not sure I will make this a thing or not.  Let's see.


First time eating meat in 6 years!

Mike and I had a bath - and it did wonders for a good sleep, I reckon.  Slept way better than the night before.

Up to get on the bus with my weekend gear.  Early meeting.  And await a collection for the airport after work.

Enjoy Matariki in NZ.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment