Monday, June 13, 2022

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

Busy weekend.  Friday saw Mike drop the Focus off for its windscreen replacement after his potato cakes brekkie only to be told they could repair it instead.  So he stayed while they did that and drove home and worked from there.

HBD.

I headed out to Mitre10 Mega and bought the shelving widgets I need to finish my wardrobe off.  Sweet!

We cancelled the dinner with Sarah and her family as we have been exposed to covid and they do not want to catch it for many reasons.

Friday saw us pop into the bowling club to meet Elly and Tom - but it was pumping and they had already sold out of the vegetarian options.  I had made a vegetarian and normal sausage casserole so we all headed back to our place to eat that.  Good cold weather comfort food.

Friday iced latte

Caught a mouse

As Elly and Tom left, we checked the traps.  And found kill #12.  A wee mouse.  Disposed of that and went to bed.

Catch #12

Up for a gym session with Mike at Thorndon.  Good fun.  We did deadlifts (my first ones since late Jan) and bench.  I did 50kg on deadlifts and 30kg on bench.  5 sets x 3reps for me.

Gym session with Mike on Saturday

Made mushroom Wellington for dinner out at Celia's house Saturday night.  Headed there at 5pm and played with Bob for a bit.  He caught a tooth on my watch strap and it did pull out and cut his wee lip.  But he seemed to come right after that.  Hope there is no lasting ill effect.

Dinner was great.  Scrumptious food and good company.  Saw Ange for the first time since she left to go study in Feb.  She's settled in and acing the work.  :-)

James was out at a movie and came in to say hello and watched TV with Bob in the other room.  Which turns out might have been fortuitous.

Scrumptious dessert

We left quite late (for me).  I think I got home at 10pm.  Super late.  But I had such a good time.  

Lazy Sunday morning.  Got a ping from Celia to say James had tested positive.  I hope he gets a light touch and bounces back fast.  Celia is probably going to catch it I imagine. The rest of us will be monitoring for symptoms.  It is just part of things here now.

Moxley keeps warm

The exciting work we tackled today was my new shelves in my wardrobe.  Mike set me up with the skilsaw and took me through cutting down my melamine plank to the right lengths to fit in.  I screwed all the fittings into the space, ready for the shelves.  

They all slotted in with no problem.  I used the skilsaw 4 times to make the cuts needed.  And Mike reckons by the end of it I was much more relaxed using it.

Finished my shelves

Moxley checks out the shelves

Installed a mirror

I also installed a full length mirror in the downstairs bathroom.  Our bathrooms have tiny head high mirrors.  So it is nice to actually have one that is a bit bigger.

Mike also did some work in the garage and created hand and foot holds up to the loft instead of using the ladder.  I am unsure how that will feel.  He wants me to test it out at some stage soon.
They look a bit narrow...

I made seed crackers in the evening.  They are good with chunks of cheese as a snack.  Had a couple as we waited for dinner (simple dinner - pasta!).

Weather is still awful.  Lots of snow down south on the skifields.  We're working from home today although Mike has to nip in for a meeting.

I did wake with a migraine this morning (Monday).  Hardly ever happens to me these days.  But they are usually slightly worse when I wake with one.  Instead of going to the gym, I crept back into bed for a bit longer.  Mike made porridge for us and now I feel a bit better.  Just no head thrashing in the mosh pit for me today.

Enjoy your week ahead.  Hello to Aus - they have Queens Birthday today.  Hope they are enjoying their long weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment