Monday, February 26, 2024

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

A Wellington weekend - and quiet. But we did get up to some stuff, I guess. 

Thursday evening saw me meet Mike at Thorndon and head to Daisy's for my birthday dinner.

Daisys

Their menu

It was a lovely place. Enjoyed their take on ceviche with fish caught by Scott (a company that does sustainable fishing off a single boat and hand lures - by a bloke called Scott). My meal of glazed carrots and chickpeas was full of ... cooked carrots. So I ate around them. Mike enjoyed his special friend chicken. I had a lovely home made lemonade. Very pleasant dining experience. And I got some great gifts from Mike. We are getting blinds in the spare rooms! Yes - no more glaring sun at key times while I work from home (and it is sunny - not as often as you might think! Hahahah) and no more blankets tacked over the window. And we have a float session booked for when we're back from our tramp. Sweet. Thank you Mike.

Friday I went into the gym - and got an iced latte with Andrew before his work day kicked off.

Friday morning iced latte at Machete

Andrew joined me

Then gym with Quentin

Squats and bench at the gym. And I felt those squats on Saturday! Glutes and hammys were complaining a bit.

Picked up Mike's backpack from the shop

Huge stick insect at home

What even is that?

Cuddles with Moxley

Cleaned the loan bike

Got the bikes all cleaned up. Wash, degrease and lube. Ready for delivery of the Trek back to Mark. Hugely appreciative of the lend of his wife's bike.

Cleaned my bike

There they go!

Full moon rises behind the punga

Saturday was windy and wet and we decided not to leave the house for the entire day. I did make date loaf.
And we did fix the toilet seat. But it turns out the screws holding the entire toilet to the floor were decorative.

So we need to visit Mitre10 to get the right sized screws and sort that out. Until then - no dancing on our toilet!

Date loaf

Fixing the toilet seat

Home made iced latte from Mike

Sunday was much nicer in Wellington - as you can see. I got brekkie in bed from Mike. Then we headed off to drop off the bike to Mark in Eastbourne. And stayed for a run. Mike did 10km and I managed a slow 5km.

Eastbourne

Mike crouches down

Then stands up

Mike is running in the distance

Hot after my run

Leaning on the fence

Picnic on the beach

We popped into the 4 square to get picnic provisions and $48 had some bread, cheese, drinks and fruit to eat in the hot sun.

beach picnic

Back home to pack for our coming tramp. And into bed. Slept ok and then up for the working week. Short though it be.

Iced latte at home Monday - with plunger coffee bag over my head!

Grey but no wind here today. Mike missed his bus. He was at the stop with his bag collected from the car when he realised his work PC was not in it. I raced upstairs in my pyjamas and raced up to the street. But as I climbed our stairs, I heard the bus pass our letterbox. And I was maybe 30 secs too late to give it to him. So he missed his gym session.

That meant we could have a nice brekkie together. So we had some eggs and he had more coffee and caught the later bus.

I am WFH. Run at lunch time. And finish packing tonight. Sweet!

Have an awesome week ahead.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment