Thursday, February 1, 2024

The Wednesday with a migraine for Mike and a nice walk for us

 Hi,

Busy day, now I see it all unfold in pics. Had lunch with Barb and Juliet and caught up with all the summer break news. Barb has been painting in Havelock and doing a mighty fine job. She is heading back there soon too. Nice!


Lunch with these two

Mike had a migraine and slept off a lot of it during the day. But he was still a bit woolly. So when I got home after work, we went for a lovely walk in Otari Wilton bush.

The evening was so still and warm. And we are lucky to have this on our doorstep. Mike found a tuna lounging around in a deep pool. And when he approached it, the tuna lazily sawm over. I reckon he is fed regularly. Hahahah.

Walk

Mike eyes the tuna - or it eyes Mike

Memorial seat

Mike is astonished at the size of the Kaiwharawhara catchment

Some sort of flood and slip event

We ended up at Ian Galloway park and walked back along the road to our house. Such a good walk. Smashed my steps.

Did some gardening when we got home. Mike found convolvulus to tackle. I plucked out weeds amongst my beloved mosses. But the warm, still dusk meant I was soon getting attacked by mosquitos. Yes! Mozzies. So I fled indoors when I was taking as much time to weed as slap my legs.

Slept well. Up for my ride in and gym. But Mike didn't make it. Still too fuzzy headed. It was also Ride your Bike to work day. I checked the set up before my gym.

Ride your bike to work day - set up

Did deads this morning. 67.5kg 4 reps x 5 sets. Then met Andrew and enjoyed an iced latte with him before we wandered over to the cyclists.

Look at those forearms!
 

Iced latte

Into the sun iced latte

In full swing

Chatted to Paul before heading to work and kicking off my day. Bike ride with Maureen after work. And I am a little nervous as it left me with only one battery bar the last time. And she wants to do a longer diversion into the beach this time.

Gulp!

Have a brilliant weekend. We're off Monday to Waitangi for the Waitangi day events. Cannot wait. But you might not get a blog post until Thursday next week!

Enjoy the national day for Aotearoa! Think about your connection to our bicultural country and the tāngata and whenua. Deepen that knowledge if you can.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment