Monday, April 8, 2024

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

What a busy weekend - packed a lot in. Let's see...

Friday saw me busy on my day off. The groceries arrived at 11am or so. They got packed away. Then I was off on my bike into town for many things. Parked my bike at work which is so handy for a safe, central place for my bike when I am in town.

First - off to the school strike for climate change. Big group of high school students in civic square supported by a lot of older people. All concerned about climate change and the damage the current government looks set to inflict on us all with their backwards views on climate change.

Civic square

Let's go!

Hey Michelle!

Bumped into two people I knew - Richard from work and Michelle from the Hutt. :-)  Started marching with them, but pulled out as we went into Lambton Quay to go meet Andrew for lunch at Machete.

Iced latte goodness at Machete

Got my haircut after that. Very nice it was too. Chatted to the person that shampooed my hair about her ADHD. And Jolene sorted out my unruly locks.

Off to the gym. Bench for a bit. Then a run for 3km. Then ride back home.

Saturday saw us not get up for park run for me and volunteering for Mike. We stayed in bed for a bit. Then up to start our day. Mike was on a mission to reassemble the Subaru dashboard. And I was heading off to Levin with Elly for a Poua v Blue rugby game.

Elly picked me up at 12.25pm and off we went, up through Transmission Gully and into Levin. Tried to get some chicken feed for her chooks, but they were shut. Then a quick grab of lunch in New World and we were settling into the game. $10 entry. Nice wee crowd. Blues were in complete control and looked amazing. Manawa will have to be on their game to beat them.

Rugby in Levin

This was good!

Anne from work had mentioned this canned iced coffee so I grabbed it from New World. And it was really very good. Best canned coffee I have tried. Woot!

After the game, we visited Elly's friend Brian and his daughter in Levin. We were fed delicious cooked chips fresh from the oven. Mmmm.

Car dashboard all assembled


Elly and I headed to Mana to get some fuel for the car - and Mike came to collect me there. From Mana, Mike and I headed to Saly and Andrew's for a wonderful tea. And watched some TV. Then home.

Up Sunday for gym fun. We drove to meet Quentin at the Willis St gym and got the trap bar off him. I was surprised to discover it weighed 40kg on its own. Got it outside and Mike came around with the car. It is now in the garage, ready for some workout sessions. Then off to Lower Hutt gym. Run for me and Mike - his calf was ok for 5k on the treadmill. I did bench with Sally after my run. Andrew joined us for brekkie afterwards.  Then back to their place to shower before going to see Dune part 2.


Convention centre cafe Sunday

Mike - what are you doing?

Selfie!

Here we are!

Before the movie - relaxing

So ready for this - again

Dune 2 was just as good the second time. I think it really is a top 5 for me now. Maybe. Well - part 1 and 2 together.

Headed home and found Tom and Elly had left us some feijoas from their friends up north. And I got stuck into a lot of them for my dinner. Mmmmm.

Feijuba Eats! Yes - 5 stars!

First of the season - delicious

I continue to ravage the bag of feijoas

Off to bed. Good sleep. Mike up for gym and work. I am working from home. Lovely Monday here in Wellington.

Awesome but busy weekend. :-)

Have a great week.

Love,

Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment