Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I think the weather is going to take a turn for the worse. The roads were very dry when I rode in this morning but the wind was already strong and gusty and I could feel a few spots of rain. I must have put Mike off as I just spoke to him and he said he was going to catch the bus in! I ’m playing squash tonight for the first time in ages. So Mike will bus back to Toby and drive back in because we ’ll have dinner in town. Khymer Satay in Cuba St for anyone?

I am now the proud owner of a snapper card. Now I just need to find somewhere to use it. If the weather is rubbish tomorrow, maybe a bus trip might be in order just so I can swipe on and off the bus. Mike will hold off for the new model (a USB snapper is due out soon). www.snapper.co.nz I hope it is successful. I love the idea of a non pin cash card I can use in parking meters, vending machines and dairies to buy little things. I never have cash on me so I am the target market.

My Weetbix have gone all gluggy this morning. I got distracted towards the end of eating them and when I got back to them they have gone all mushy. At least the tea is still very good.

We finished painting the doors last night. Tonight we have to babysit the Sampson children. Oops. I better find out what time one of us needs to be there otherwise the Satay option might not be a goer! Maybe Thursday night we can get one undercoat on the yucky looking window frame. The window frame will become a project for a bit later in the year. We ’ll put curtains up and you ’ll never notice – much!

Toby seems to be in a fine mood this morning. He was yakking away to Mike in the background when I talked to them just now. All good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment