Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well, I nearly gave up on riding when I went out to the garage this morning and the light spit turned into rain (along with the forecast galeforce winds). But Mike said “You ’re ready already ” so I left. And the rain eased almost immediately. Good. I rode like a granny though down the wet hill.


Mike and I got the TV room painted in its first top coat last night. It does make the unpainted window frame look very shabby. Tonight we ’ll put on the second coat and it should be good enough to need just that. The carpet people are coming on August 1 st (someone ’s birthday!) and it should take less than a day to lay. Yippee!

I spoke to Mum and Dad last night and they are now aiming to arrive in Wellington on August 12 th . They will stay right through to the end of the first week in October ( Tyler may even get dropped off to Wellington to spend the second week of Toby ’s school holidays here) when Mum will return to Sydney with Tyler (all going well). Dad will remain here in Wellington and assess which Harvey Norman store he should approach (Central or Lower Hutt at this stage).

We got our first delivery from Woolworths last night. I mucked up the things you buy by the kilo (I thought the 0.00 meant dollar amount – but it meant kilo amount). Mike fortunately stopped the $200 worth of chicken I had ordered but we have got shaved ham for Africa, loads of pears and mandarins and I have never in my life bought 4 bunches of bananas at one time. Phew. Fruit, anyone? Work thought my $200 purchase of chicken was a great joke.

I fancy macaroni cheese tonight. That ’s the menu (and we also have lots of broccoli – heheheheheh).

Ok. Time for Weetbix. Last start today because of my slow ride in!

No comments:

Post a Comment