Friday, July 18, 2008

The ride in was absolutely fine this morning after the rain last night. It is still threatening today but I got in nice and dry. Last night I collected Toby (Mike had a meeting in town regarding Microsoft Dynamics) from KidsCo and we went to the library. Toby entertained the librarians by asking for a book from them even though he didn ’t know its name. We got some good books from reserve last time and I think Toby believes the librarians have a supply of books just for him under the counter. So the librarians started searching the catalog and their brains for some books similar to his interests (superheroes in undies basically). Now we ’ve got about 6 books to read.


Toby also saw Burger Wisconsin (it ’s near the library) so he asked nicely for that for dinner. No Mike – so I said yes! We read one of his books while we waited for it to cook. Then we went home and ate it. Toby ate everything – chips and chicken burger (although his face screwed up at one point and he opened his burger and pointed accusingly to a solitary piece of red onion – he extracted the offending item and finished his burger). Maybe the staff thought “No onions ” meant “One onion ring ”. Who knows?

I put Toby to bed and he popped his head over his bunk and asked if Dad could wake him to up to say hello when he got in. I said yes and promptly fell asleep on Toby ’s couch in his room (a wee fold out children ’s couch – from his Kitto cousins). I woke up with a numb arm about 30 minutes later and crawled up to bed. Mike got in about 5 minutes after that and kissed Toby and came to bed. Whereupon we discussed work for about an hour before I got cross and rolled over to go to sleep! Way later than I wanted! I ’m a bit tired this morning – even after the ride down the hill that usually wakes me up.

Time for breakfast soon. No Weetbix this morning. It ’s a work breakfast at a local cafĂ©.

Weekend? Not much planned apart from DIY stuff. I think we ’ll try and drop Toby off to play with Brennan. Oh – and Toby should be surprised by a play date with Sean and Tomasi today (he should get collected from KidsCo). I hope so. He ’d love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment