Monday, July 7, 2008

Ok – I admit it. I am soft. I did not ride my bike because the weather forecast at 6.02 this morning said it was 2 C and a high of 8C with southerly gales. So I hopped up and watched the end of the Wimbledon men ’s singles final instead, and made lunches between games. When I pulled back the curtains at about 7.30, I was astonished to see a calm beautiful morning. I was really wondering why I wasn ’t on my bike.

Toby was very pleased to be going to KidsCo for his school holidays. He was the first child there at 8am, and was pretty chuffed. Mike and I drove into work (uh oh) and we were there by 8.20. So it all went ok. We even drove past Josh at the bus stop so he hopped in and we took him in too.

The weekend went well. Friday night was a pleasant time for me at the Tabor household. Aidan and I chatted for ages. Duncan and Emerson collapsed into bed at 7.30pm and were asleep in two seconds. Toby watched kids videos till I went home. Mike got home quite early from his leaving drinks.

Saturday was fun. Andrew came round to help Mike with DIY stuff. Toby and I mucked around all day (I have planted my compost bin in a nice sunny corner so I have started making compost for my vege patch) with Toby mainly playing his DS Lite. The rugby was on that evening so we watched that. It was a good game. Andre rode his bike home in the southerly gale (he ’s mad and not a bit soft).

Sunday was more DIY stuff (the plasterer is at our house today – we ’re under pressure to get the room done for visitors in August!) and a Sunday lunch at Sally and Andrew ’s house. We need to buy Andrew ’s present today at lunch time (at least we know what to get now).

Back at work. Mike is off looking at the servers in the server room. How exciting for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment