Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well, the bus ride in was good and not quite so good. I used my snapper card for the first time and was pleasantly surprised that it all worked well. One woman got on and the machine told her that the card was invalid and got to ride without it working. Maybe 10-12 people used it this morning. The bus was very late. I have never had a problem in the mornings. On wet days it might be 1 minute late every now and then. This one was 10 minutes late. Actually, as I got off and waited for the lights to cross the road, the later bus was waiting there beside me.


Last night I rode home to collect wee Toby and then we drove back into town (although Toby asked if this was going to be the price of a Ben10 toy – Mike what have you been saying to him again?) to collect Mike and enjoy a satay meal. It was good fun. Then I dropped off Mike and Toby and drove to the Sampson ’s house for babysitting duties. This is a light duty. The three youngest Sampsons were all in bed already and I never heard a peep from them. Hannah did homework from 1900 to 1930 and then said Good Night and went to bed. So I read for the next two hours and fell asleep curled up under a blanket. Perfect evening. Mike sanded the floor and pulled up the last battens impeding the laying of the carpet.

Tonight is emptying Toby ’s room night. We ’ll be busy dismantling the bunk and carrying books out – somewhere! Eeeeek.

Time for a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment