Monday, July 21, 2008

The moon landing anniversary. Apollo 11. Not that I remember it (heading off the cheeky comments from Mike and Karen!). Mike and I had a big weekend of DIY. We ’re ready now to paint the walls of the TV room and the carpet is selected, deposit paid and booked in for the first week in August. Phew!


Toby spent loads of time at the Sampson household playing with the kids. Hannah and Lesley were away up north with their orienteering stuff (Hannah came first in the nationals in her age group). When I collected Toby yesterday I asked Brennan if he had another week off (the private schools started last term earlier) and he said yes. So did Chelsea . So Toby asked me for another week off. The he proclaimed he hated school and didn ’t want to go back. Cheeky monkey.

Mike fixed the roof leak – maybe. We need to siphon out the suitcase and see if any more water accumulates. Fingers crossed.

What else did we get done over the weekend? Saturday was quite damp. I spent ages cutting the carpet away from the sides in Toby ’s room – with all his stuff in there. I had to lift the carpet out from under his bookcases and chest of drawers. I failed at the bunk hurdle and needed Mike ’s help. My body is aching now. I did all the skirtings in his room ready for the carpet there too. His room is almost done now. I almost destroyed his chest of drawers though. I couldn ’t lift it with the drawers in and when I removed them it lozenged when it moved. Then a crossbar snapped. Oops. It seems ok with the drawers back in! Sunday was nicer weather. Natalie came to visit (the real estate agent we used) and she should be able to show Mum and Dad around quite a few places when they get here.

Ok. Better get stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment