Monday, August 17, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Aug 17

Hi,

Another great weekend up at the tramping club lodge. Not a lot of skiing however. I have to say that I have never skied in so much rain before. I am amazed at how "unwaterproof" my ski jacket is.

Saturday we stayed in the lodge all day. There was one lift open and we could see the queues. Someone went out and said the queues took 40 minutes. Ouch! So I had a lazy day reading. Very pleasant.

Sunday was much nicer -still overcast and I did get rained on again. But Toby and I went skiing. I took Toby up the big chairlift and we came down a blue run. I took him off piste a little on a steep bowl and he was not impressed. Mummy has learned her lesson. I thought he did quite well though. No major panic - just a squeal every now and then as his mighty edge control wavered on the steep hillside. He skis like me. In complete control but wound up like a pretzel.

Mike couldn't ski as his binding was hanging on by one screw. Oops.

We had a nice early departure as the rain kicked in heavily and it seemed pointless to get wet while skiing.

Now we have a mound of washing and a house to tidy.

Keas tonight - it is volcano eruption day! Bring it on!

Have a great week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment