Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good morning on Wed, Aug 19

Hi,

We seemed to cop a bit of wind and rain last night but it was almost all gone by the time we woke up. So I rode in - the roads were still wet but I stayed dry.

I looked out for Sally on the intersection of The Terrace and Bowen where we both cross each morning. I saw her there yesterday after not seeing her for ages and we had a good wee chat before work. Hey - that might be our coffee catch-up opportunity! But this morning we were out of sync. Never mind. I hope the ministerial chat at her work yesterday had no surprises. The MoH has been in the news for impending job cuts.

Mike painted like a mad man last night. The wardrobe has a top coat and all the ceilings are done. We're almost ready for the wardrobe man to arrive with the innards! That'll be an exciting day when that is finished. Given I have not used three quarters of my clothes since they have been unavailable in a pile buried downstairs somewhere, I need to be ruthless putting them back. The op shop may get some clothes I think.

Tennis and karate day for Toby. Next week is a karate grading day, so Toby has some moves to practise a bit more so he can pass. I think if he concentrates he'll be ok.

Mum and Dad will likely collect wee Toby from Skids after his tennis. And if they want to stay for dinner, ummmm.... they will have to provide dinner. We had next to nothing in our freezer this morning for a meal. So, I have no idea what we'll do for dinner tonight. A family mince pie? Yum! I could get one at lunch time.

Oh well. Time to start the day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment