Monday, December 21, 2009

Good morning - 4 sleeps til Christmas

Angela's just got back from her breakfast so I'll try to get the blog entry in before her this m0rning. Or maybe we'll both post at the same time - you'll get two takes on the same thing! If there's any difference, then I'm right and she's wrong.

We had a pretty good weekend with nothing pressing and urgent to do for the first time in weeks. We were planning on bike riding on Saturday but it was a bit breezy so instead, we went to Lollipops Playland with his friends Duncan & Emerson instead. Angela & Toby went off with them, I had some messages to do so I drove about buying paint and collecting cheese and so on, before I made it out to meet them. Everyone had lots of fun - Toby & his friends running about and all the parents drinking coffee and chatting. Then I we headed to the Jetty Cafe on the Petone beachfront for a late lunch and their famous Churros - yummy 'unrolled donuts' with frangelico chocolate dipping sauce. Mmmm-mm!!!

Kara came around that evening and it was great to catch up with her. I put together a Spag Bol that was pretty good if I say so myself, especially with no Tomato Paste in the cupboard which meant I had to improvise (and reduce the sauce for 40 mins). Then we had wine and cheese (Kara's Bella Italia cheese and our famous Fromager Des Clarines from Truffle) and watched ... some of a movie before we called it a day.

Sunday we all slept in - we had to go and wake Toby at 9am!! Very unusual. A nice quiet day where we were supposed to paint the stairwell but didn't. First job was to drop back Kara's car, I headed out to her place in Seatoun and then rode the No 14 bus from end to end - from Kilburnie near the airport all the way to Wilton - meaning I had a 15min walk back home. Then Angela took her mum to Harvey Norman in the afternoon, which I took to mean a quick 1hr trip into town to see her Dad, but was actually an all-afternoon marathon at Lower Hutt. So I lounged about waiting for her to come home and help me with the painting, which was absolutely fantastic - nothing done but no guilt. Oh well. Painting the stairwell is an evening job now. We'll see if we can't knock it off before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment