Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good morning on Wed, Dec 9

Hi,

Decemeber is also flying past just like the other months of the year and Toby's birthday is creeping up on us.  Not to mention Christmas soon after that.  It all can't come soon enough for Toby - he is very excited.

Last night we went out to see Where the Wild Things Are.  Toby and Mike loved it.  Toby was enthralled with this movie and made insightful comments about it.  But, for me, it missed the spot.  The movie was very good and the director captured things well.  I especially liked the ending where Max and his mother never talk.  Other directors would have put "I love you" in and ruined it.  But Sendak's book would have done it all without words, and so did Spike.  It was superb.  But for me, the Wild Things aren't filled with human frailities.  They just want to have fun and Max wants to have authority.  But Max realises there is more to life than having fun and bossing people around and wants to go home.  These Wild Things have complex personalities.  Too complex.

Anyhow - it was a fantastic night and a good adaption of a book to a movie.  Toby crashed into bed and was asleep in an instant.

It is tennis and karate night - second last of each for the year.  Toby's Christmas and birthday presents are in the green room downstairs so my parents can collect them and hide them in the car boot to wrap them up.  Ma came into town yesterday at lunch time and we went shopping.  There were so many packages I had to leave them at work as I couldn't get them home on the bike.

Tomorrow is another work Christmas party - the biggie.  It is an afternoon thing, but I might ask Ma if she can collect wee Toby from school just in case I get delayed.  I'll be on the bus and it'll be close to 6pm.  So I'd rather have Ma step in and safely collect Toby is she can. 

Phew.  We have to bake the cake tonight for Toby's party.  And ice it tomorrow night.  Oh dear.  It should be entertaining for me and Mike.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment