Monday, December 6, 2010

Sergeant Pepper's WHAT?

Here is the hard question of the morning:

What is “Sergeant Pepper's lonely hearts club band” ?

Seems that if you know the answer to that – you’re old.

I was pretty appalled this morning because on the dopey radio station we listen to in the mornings – because of where we are, we can’t get any station but this dopey station – it turned out that one of the announcers had never heard of Sgt Pepper before.  Ever.  Didn’t recognise it when they played it.

So I did a survey this morning, of one person – a work colleague who I have coffee with most mornings and is a young wee thing of 28 – and she had no idea what I was talking about either.

How about that then.  The most influential album of the 60’s and 70’s, and nobody under thirty knows a thing about it.  Oh, the youth of today.  And that makes me feel very, very old.  Especially since the album is 43 years old now.  Ancient history…

No comments:

Post a Comment