Monday, December 6, 2010

The weekend with swimming, sleeping and Tyler's birthday!

Hi,

Wee Tyler is now seven years old!  Hooray!  I hear she had a good day.  We texted to let her know that Wellington on Saturday was the most glorious day - quite possibly the best so far this summer.  Of course, my worry is that it was the nicest day this summer.  Heheheh.  But we won't dwell on that.

Friday night was movie night at home for me and Toby.  We watched "Honey I shrunk the kids" and Toby has declared it a favourite of his.  Mike was home reasonably early from his "meeting" and we all slept for something like 10.5 hours in a coma.

Up for swimming and the day was superb.  Tyler could have played Putt Putt all day in Wellington (I think that was her activity of choice in Sydney - and the weather co-operated by the sound of it).  Toby swam well and we re-booked for next term.  If he continues to improve like he is, I think he'll be in the next class sooner rather than later.

Then we were off to Clarks in the library in town for lunch.  We picked up a few books from the library too.  Then we spent the afternoon lazing around reading and watching DVDs.  I'd like to say it was because it was so hot we couldn't move.  But it was more like Mike's two late nights had caught up with him and he fell asleep and snored his way through DVDs of Suzy's World and I made it through at least one of Toby's borrowed books in that time.

Once Mike roused himself, we dropped Toby off at Grandy's place for a sleepover and Mike took me out for a lovely dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary.  Vivo Wine Bar was great - we were the only ones there for ages.  Enjoyed it a lot.

Then home to watch a movie and then I fell asleep.  In my defense, I hadn't slept all afternoon!  Heheheh.

Up to collect Toby and head to our work Kids Christmas party.  Mike was Santa - again.  This time his pants stayed up.  Mike has vowed off being Santa next year.  I think he plays it very well.  He is only let down by the $5 Santa suit the social club owns.  This year the hat was missing!  And the elastic holding the beard up had perished and Mike kept losing it down his face.  Funny!  I heard one wee 7 year old girl whisper to the girl next to her "This Santa is so fake".

Toby had a ball running around Chipmunks being chased by everyone.  He was so hot and sweaty!

At about 1pm we left for Waikanae to catch up with the Tabors - back from their month long vacation in the States.  We got our Christmas presents (oooooo) we had ordered (we have to pay them, don't forget Mike)and enjoyed the afternoon with them.  Mike found some books of Josh's and I think I am destined never to get any peace (or lots of it, if you look at it from a different perspective) until he has finished them.  He read the first one till the wee hours and got up to have breakfast with me just so he could talk all about it.

Mike also prepared for the tramping club session this week.  He is presenting!  A bit more to do tonight and he should be good to go.  Toby and I will attend so we can watch!

Mike is also off to Auckland Tues and Wed this week.  Let's hope his flight gets back in time for the session!

Tonight is the last Kea night for the year - and for me and Toby forever.  Toby goes up to Cubs next year - and I'll follow him to continue with the Scouts.  Great!

Have a marvellous week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment