Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Tuesday with me forgetting to go shopping for New World bargains

Hi,

Toby and I had a relaxing evening practising for the grading today and doing some maths homework.  Trouble is, I was going to go shopping for some bargains at New World for Christmas.  Plum forgot.  Oh well.  Mike was having as much fun as he could muster by himself up in Auckland.  He is due back 30 minutes before his talk at the tramping club.  I have the slides to step in at the last moment if needs be.  Toby thinks he's going to dance for them if Mike fails to arrive.  "I'm the entertainment" he says.  I hope Air NZ runs to schedule tonight.

My bike is running like a well-running thing.  The service yesterday was superb.  Capital City Cycles shop in Victoria St (next to R&R).  My bike is so old and worn that services are hit and miss and I have to listen to people saying that my bike is not long for this world.  But it is so old and worthless, I can't spend any money on fixing components.  Two components would be worth more than the bike.  So when I picked it up, the guy was apologetic.  "Sorry we couldn't charge you very much, because there isn't a lot we can do".  Perfect!  And my ride home was great.  The gears were crisp and seamless.  Hasn't been like that for two years!  I'm going to let them know.

Ok.  Better get stuck in.  Lots to do.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment