Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas Eve!

Hi,

What an exciting time for us.  Mike and Toby left at about 5.30pm last night and were off on their adventure.  Mike would be pitching tents and Toby would be playing with Sampson children for hours.  Meanwhile, I went grocery shopping.  Sally has prepared a menu and I have two things to produce for it.  It did involve buying things I have never bought before.

I have now bought baby beetroot, watercress and various other herbs that while I had heard of, I am sure I have never bought before.  My life has taken on new meaning.  Anyhow, I read the recipe, rang Sally to confirm finer points (is this recipe a hot or cold dish?; is "hot smoked salmon" hot?) and started work.  I think it turned out ok.  I did leave the mushrooms roasting a bit too long I think.  And possibly one batch of salmon might be darker than the others.

Anyhow, I finished wrapping presents and collapsed into bed.  Had a good sleep then into the shower to get ready for the day.

When I was just finished, Mike turned up!  What a lovely surprise.  But he had been up at 2am tightening the tents down and just had word from Lesley that one of our tents had blown down and poles were splintered.  Could be the death knell for our $35 tent.

Wally is rushing up to assess the situation.  We might be having Christmas at home after all.  We'll drive up after lunch and check it out.

I can't wait for the holiday.  Really looking forward to it.  I do hope it is in a tent camping, and not in the lounge room at home.  Heheheheh.

Love you lots.  Have a great Christmas and New Years.
Angela (and Mike and Toby).

No comments:

Post a Comment