Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Wednesday with karate

Hi,

Another glorious evening in Wellington - more of the same, please.  I rode home early to collect wee Toby and feed him Burger Wisconsin before karate kicked in (ohh, nice pun!).  We sat in the wee green car outside the dojo while Toby munched his way through an adult sized burger with chicken schnitzel and bacon.  Plus red onion (he picked out and then ate one anyway - just to try it and I think he was pleasantly surprised how nice it was - even by itself).  Then he discovered mayo in it and screwed up his face.  But in the end he ate it all.

The evening sun was getting low in the horizon as Toby's class kicked off.  I was sitting at the back of the hall, clutching the laptop with fear as some starting activity boiled around me.  I had visions of the
laptop getting knocked off my lap by flailing arms.  Some version of "Get the Flag" I think.  Anyway, Toby loved it.  I could tell by the shine in his eyes.

Home to relax a little before bed.  Phew.  Glad Tuesday and Wednesday are over and done with.  The weather is supposed to be nice through to the end of Friday.  Great timing as the weekend is supposed to turn out a bit poorly.  We're off to Matiu/Somes Island (the big island in the middle of Wellington Harbour) for Saturday night.  Should be good fun.  We had a good time there last year (around this time too I think).

Wellington is pumping this weekend with activities.  An ice skating rink kicks off in town near Te Papa for a month.  I think we need to try that out.  There are eleven Naval vessels visiting for the 50th anniversary of Navy something or other so you can have tours on them and watch them going through the motions.  Parades.  Whatever else.  We'll be isolated from a lot of it on the island.  Hope I get to see some penguins at night this time.

Mike is still flat out in Sydney.  I get to "chat" to him during the day from time to time.  Send him funny Stuff articles showing how crazy the world is - even in his absence.

This morning is absolutely wonderful - possibly the best morning so far in this run of nice weather.  Makes me want to drive for ages in the wee green car, singing loudly.  When I suggested it to Toby this morning, he looked wistfully at me.  Good to see he is learning right from wrong.  Heheheheh.

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment