Monday, September 26, 2011

The weekend like a holiday - but no Mike

Hi,

After some face painting attempts (some ok, some not-so-much) we were off to the rugby on Friday evening.  It was a beautiful Friday in Wellington and the stadium was pretty full for a match where not many locals had any interest.  We watched Australia versus USA and I sang the Australian national anthem just for my Australian parts of my family!  Heheheheh.  We went with Josh and Aidan and their boys and they were pleased to cheer for their team when they got a try close to the start of the game.  The rest of the match however was a foregone conclusion.

William, Toby and I stayed to watch the second half, but with the departure of Duncan and Emerson (and their iPods), Toby realised he was at a rugby match on a Friday night and moaned and complained.  So we left 5 minutes before the end (I negotiated a reasonable time to watch it I guess).

Anyhow, next morning we were up for swimming.  Toby managed half of the lesson before coming out.  I think he was tired.  Anyhow, we went to Waikanae and stayed for the night.  I went shopping with Josh for bathroom trim and a cabinet while Aidan chatted to a friend about books.  Josh even got the television working for the All Blacks v France match that night.

I got to sit ton the couch (my bed) and watch the game.  Good fun!  And Sunday morning (after a sleepless night when Toby came into my sleeping bag as well and there was no room) we went to the beach for a good walk.  And had yummy breakfast as well.

Toby and I left Waikanae in brilliant sunshine and drove with the roof down over the hill to Lower Hutt.  Only to get quite wet when the rain came lashing down.  Lunch was good and then Toby and I relaxed at home.

Great weekend.  Thanks everyone.  Mike also had fun with the Kittos in Sydney!  Lucky him, eh?

Have a great week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment