Friday, December 2, 2016

The Thursday with Toby hurting his knee

Hi,

Well, I was working just after lunch when my phone rang and it was the school nurse.  Uh oh.  I waited to hear what was happening, because no conversation can ever be good when it starts with "It's the school nurse from WHS here..."

Anyway, she said Roland was running towards a wall (more uh oh, I thought, this can't be good) as he meant to climb it (aha, I thought, he's unconscious in a heap somewhere) and then he slipped (ok - he's whacked his head on this wall and is now in a coma) and he wrenched his knee (oh, that sounds much better!).

Why do school nurses say things that let your imagination run wild before actually saying what happened before you have time to imagine the worst scenarios?

And anyway, who the heck is Roland?

Hahahahah!  Toby has an alias at school.  Yes, it confuses me too!

So I had to get home to grab the car.  I wondered at changing to ride home, and thought that might take a tad too long.  So I opted for the bus.  Not that great an option during off peak times.  I waited for 5 minutes for an anticipated bus in another 14 minutes when Fiona (neighbour) walked past and said she was catching a taxi and did I want to join her.

Ooosshhh!

I got home in a reasonably timely fashion and jumped in the car and finally found Toby in the sick bay at school.  A lovely girl who was also sick offered to help me to the car with him.  (Toby - you need to thank her for her offer whilst on her death bed in the sick bay)  But there was a wheelchair so we used that.  His science teacher was coming past and got the lowdown from Toby on what happened (she called him Roland too!).  So she helped us to the car and then took the wheelchair back.  She might be perfect for Toby as she might be slightly mad.  As she wheeled the wheelchair back, she shrieked out "Anyone want a ride?" as she hooned through the carpark.

We got home and Toby put his leg up and iced it for a few hours.  But he did have a restless sleep so he has the day off school today to try and recover.

Here are some pics from my race in Taupo.  Ooosshhh!  Loved it.

Riding down Waihi Hill
Over the finish line with a huge grin
 Have a wonderful weekend.  We're off to Kaitoke for camping/tramping although Toby might be chilling in the tent for the most part.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment