Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Tuesday with a lovely ride home

Hi,

I managed to catch up with the lovely women I worked with at a client site for a year yesterday morning.  They took me to La Cloche and I had their iced coffee.  They get full marks for the experience of the thing.  Sweet walnuts on the side, and slivered almonds inside.  Not too sweet despite the ice cream and a spoon to make sure you collect all the goodness at the bottom.

Good to catch up with friends before Christmas too!  Loved it!


La Cloche iced coffee experience

I rode home after work and cooked tea for Toby.  A big hunk of salmon, flaked over baked rice and salad.  It was very yummy.

Salmon flaked over baked rice

So yummy that when i went to collect Mike from town, and pick up some groceries, and bring him back - he ate two portions of it for his dinner!

The building the earthquake ruined is being demolished.  Mike would stand and watch it for hours if I let him.  These pics are from last week when it just started.  Today they had demolished almost back to that side stairwell part you see below.


Transformers - more than meets the eye

A chomp taken out of the top

It made me think of post apocalyptic disaster movies with a building taking the brunt of some massive fight.  Like that Transformers movie where that serpent machine thing trashes New York buildings.

Ok - I still have an imagination.

But the building is now missing its entire front.  It no longer looks like a battle casualty - it is really being demolished now.

Had a good ride in this morning despite the forecast gale force winds.  That's a good thing.  And John Holloway is wanting a coffee catch up today at 5pm.  Woot!  What an awesome surprise.  I didn't think I'd see him on this visit.  I'll say hello to him from you, Ma!

Have a brilliant day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment