Friday, January 25, 2019

The Thursday with dragon boat training

Hi,

What a crazy day.  Running around like a headless chicken for the most part.  But we had dragon boat training so the day started looking up around 5pm when I had to dash away to get changed.

Celia is away, so Matt was balancing the boat and he was supposed to the be drummer.  But so many pulled out of training that Matt had to paddle.

And, despite not having a drummer, we did really well.  Hayden (sweep) kept us focussed and the evening was lovely.

Afterwards, I powered back to work, trying to aim for the 7.19pm bus.  Given it was 7.08 when I left training, it was tight.  I collected my fridge groceries from the Level 2 fridge, hurtled to my locker on Level 1 and sighed when I saw how many groceries I had there.  Found a bag, and flung everything in.  Decided against changing out of my wet shorts, as by now it must be super close to 7.19. 

Walked out of the garage at work and crossed the road.  I could see a bus in the distance and just knew it was my bus.  As I walked down hurriedly, it stopped at the bus stop.  I was totally going to miss it.  But I saw loads of punters waiting to get on.  The intersection lights were against me.  Red man.  Aarrghh.  But for some reason, the cars were all slow to take off.  So I scampered across the lights and started running.  With my huge backpack on.  My grocery bag with baguette poking out.  Wet shorts.  I saw the bus close its doors.  Uh oh.  But the driver looked up and saw me.  And opened the door again.  I ran on, and thanked her profusely.  Walked down the busy bus and found a seat to deposit my bulky bags.

Phew!

Home and grabbed some quick food before helping Mike with the tent.  We are going to Matiu/Somes after work.  We think.  Mike checked the ferry times and the last ferry is 2pm.  Which we hadn't planned on.  We're both busy at work.

So, goodness knows.  We might be sleeping in the tent in the back yard.  Because it is so clean, that is what we may as well do.  Hahahah.

Have a brilliant weekend.  Roll on the end of the working day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment