Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Tuesday with another swimming lesson

Hi,

Second swim lesson - omg - I have no clue.  I have to un-learn stuff, and learn new stuff.  I had no idea that freestyle was like that.  Arms aren't always opposite in the stroke.  There is a period where both arms are forward.  That is so hard for me to un-learn.

She said I relaxed a little more.  Umm - I didn't notice.  Hahaha.  And I did one full length without stopping at one point.  Woot!  But I still need to pick my elbows up higher and enter fingers first.

She also said she would assess Andrew and let him know what he should do for getting his swimming on track for a triathlon.  Bwhahahah - I might be putting things into Andrew's mind there.  But the gym has a week free trial, so she said to get Andrew in, and she'd check out his swimming.  And he can spin with me!  Oosshh!

Called Andrew's bluff.  :-p

Iced latte with Andrew

Iced latte with Ed

Best apricot of the season

Chilling on the deck - both cats thought it was too hot for being inside.

My phone says it is 28C


Yesterday turned out hot here.  My phone said it was 28C.  The pic is from my Surfer's Paradise trip in November last year, so don't get confused.  That is my background screen on my phone at the moment.

The media had a field day with "The Heatwave".  Whatever.  There was a live feed of the weather updates from around the country.  "MetService has released the 3pm weather temps".  Umm, really?  What a crazy beat up.

I think some places might have got up to 33C.

I would call that:  warmer than usual.

I got home after my swim and made morning tea for today for work.  Someone turns 50.  Spring chicken!  Hahahah.  It was warm - even at 9pm when I was sitting on the deck with the cats.

Mike has made the bathroom and foyer look amazing.  Cleared out all the debris and tidied.  And luxed!  My heart is lighter.  Apparently the tiler should be coming soon.

Anyway, this morning my Spin was cancelled, so I texted Mike to see if he could come in early for a coffee date with me.  He did!  I was ready for him.  And the cake got delivered at the same time, so I nipped out to wait for Rex outside New World.

I was standing there, by the loading zone where Rex would pull up.  And I had my arms crossed, because, you know.  Awkward!  Anyway, as I waited, this woman crossed the street towards me and came right up to me.

Ok.  This is unusual.

She says:  Are you security here?

Me:  Ummm, no.  But I am glad I look imposing.

She says:  Do you know where I could find a shoe repair shop around here?

Me:  Sure.  In The Grand, just down there.  And up on The Terrace.

She says:  Thanks.  My sandal is broken.  But I do have two other pairs.

Me: [eyebrows go up].

Fortunately Rex pulls up and I run over and she wanders away.

Anyway, that is my day so far.  Weird, but true.

And another swim lesson after work.  Toby's last day of school hols.  Wow!  And...  probably other Gilbert fun and games.

It's just how we roll.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment